1 a man who is a stupid incompetent fool [syn: fathead, goof, goofball, jackass, goose, cuckoo, twat, zany]
2 an informal term for a youth or man; "a nice guy"; "the guy's only doing it for some doll" [syn: guy, cat, hombre]
EtymologySee Wikipedia article on Bozo the Clown
- Rhymes: -əʊzəʊ
Bozo or bozo can mean:
- The Bozo people, a fishing people of the central Niger delta in Mali
- The Bozo languages, languages of the Bozo people
- Bozo the Clown
- Pr.Dr. Frédéric Bozo, historian.
- Bozo (mascot), a live mascot for the University of New Hampshire
- A stupid or foolish person. (Etymology: perhaps taken from Bozo the Clown; perhaps first used as a vocative, from Spanish vosotros = "you"). See Bozo the Clown#"Bozo" as generic noun or verb.
- A friendly and entertaining person, although sometimes simple minded.
- Bozo the Iron Man, a 1930's/40's era comic book superhero.
- Bozo, a hominid discovered in Minnesota.
- Could refer to the single Bozos by the UK band The Levellers
bozo in French: Bozo